Chap News

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Courtesy+Image
Courtesy Image

Courtesy Image

Courtesy Image

Joseph Tenorio, Staff Writer

Nintendo released Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp to the iPhone and Android last week.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is the latest installment in Nintendo’s acclaimed series of community simulation games, where the human player fulfills the need of a village filled with cute animal villagers- or in this case, campers.

While not a formal installment to the series, Pocket Camp lets everyone enjoy the Animal Crossing experience without having to buy a Nintendo console. You play as yourselfai??i??just as you do in the previous games’setting up a campsite, like how you would run a town as you become the mayor in New Leaf. In true Animal Crossing fashion, you earn bells (currency) to spend by carrying out activities like fishing and collecting bugs for the animals and campers that you befriend, and decorating your camp. Currently, there are 44 of the 333 Animal Crossing villagers (or campers) included in the app to befriend.

You can build a pretty campsite that fits a theme, with cute pink furniture and tents, or perhaps something more expeditionaryai??i??like a big, sporty tentai??i??and even be as outlandish as to build a skate park in your neck of the woods. Pocket Camp gives you an extensive amount of items you can customize your camp with, building it to the tastes of the campers you invite, or to give it your own flair.

Like in other Nintendo titles, you can find your friends in-game with Friend Codes, and make many more as you run into other Pocket Camp players. Users have the ability to buy and sell items in-game with others, and use their help to enter Shovelstrike Quarry, where players can mine for valuable minerals. Players can also visit each other’s campsites, and give kudos to one another.

Pocket Camp still needs some amount of polishing, however. It requires an Internet connection to play, and according to an announcement from Nintendo, is facing server load issues (they’re being fixed, however). The system for organizing/rearranging furnitureai??i??as easy it is to use, is also choppy and awkward at times.

Compared to the series’ main installments, Pocket Camp offers an easily accessible take on the fun, open-ended experience of the Animal Crossing games, and even contains some features that could find appreciation in a future title. The best part is that the micro-transactions are actually optional.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is available for free on the App Store and the Play Store, for iOS and Android.

Players can give kudos, complimenting their friend's campsites.

1 Comment

One Response to “Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp”

1. Alex on December 5th, 2017 10:26 am

hey that me

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

The Portables ft Angry Bunny

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Give Friendsgiving a chance this holiday season

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Monthly Horoscopes: November

• Lifestyles

Justice League: A predictable letdown

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Nintendo impresses gamers with Super Mario Odyssey

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

How to balance school and work

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Celebrating deceased loved ones on Day of the Dead

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Not trick-or-treating? Try these activities instead

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

LOVE IT OR HATE IT: Candy corn draws differing opinions

• Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Lifestyles

Witchcraft goes beyond black hats and green skin

The Student News Site of Chaparral High School
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp